Steel City Squash is a college oriented program. Our goal is to equip students with the skills, both academic and social, required to perform at the highest level in elite colleges and universities across the country. This goal requires a long-term, intensive approach and will include the following:
- Intensive academic support and skills building
- Social-emotional and character building
- Squash, fitness and health instruction
- Free to participate
- Free transportation provided
- Daily homework assistance
- Weekly academic enrichment and skills building
- Daily fitness and squash training
- Monthly travel opportunities around the country
- Monthly community service activities
- Five-week Summer Program
- Scholarship opportunities for summer and school year programs
Summer Discovery Program
The Summer Discovery Program is a 3-week long program that incorporates physical activity and academic enrichment. This is a great opportunity for team members to stay connected with Steel City Squash through the summer and for new students to see what our program is all about. Here are some details about the program:
- Runs from July 15th-August 1st
- Cost is $10/week
- 2.5 hours of physical activity per day including squash, swimming and rock climbing
- 1.5 hours of academic enrichment per day focused on math/STEM and reading
- Lunch provided
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Steel City Squash holds 5 tryout Blocks each year that provide an opportunity for students, families and SCS to determine if the program is a good fit. Each Block is 6 weeks in length. Parents or guardians should complete the application for their child to participate in a Block. Applications are available at partner schools’ main offices, Steel City Squash offices, or digitally below. After completing the application, a Steel City Squash staff member will contact the parent or guardian about the next steps. Parents and guardians MUST ATTEND an open house with their child before he or she can begin a Steel City Squash Block. At the end of the Block, if the student is selected to be part of the team, they will earn the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the program – academic support, squash, travel, community service and mentoring.
*Participation is free and transportation is provided.